THE STATUTE OF THE ZUMBI CYCLES FOUNDATION
1. The ‘Zumbi Cycles Foundation’ hereinafter referred to as the Foundation acts on the basis of the provisions of the Act of April 6, 1984 on foundations (Journal of Laws 2016.40, of 2016.01.11, as amended) and the following statute.
2. The Foundation was established by Kacper Krakowiak, hereinafter referred to as the Founder, by virtue of a notarial deed of 1 December 2017 prepared before the notary public Piotr Mierniczek at the notary’s office in Krakow at Długa Street 44/8, number Rep. A No. 2174/2017.
3. The Foundation acquires legal personality upon being entered into the register of foundations.
4. The seat of the Foundation is the city of Bielsko-Biała. ary work shall apply.
5. The Foundation operates in the country and outside the borders of the Republic of Poland.
6. The Foundation may run a business in areas that serve its purpose.
7. The Foundation was established for an indefinite period. 8. The Minister competent for the Foundation’s objective is the Minister of Sport and Tourism. benefit and volunt.
§ 2 OBJECTIVES OF THE FOUNDATION’S ACTIVITY
1. The basic statutory objective of the Foundation is the dissemination of physical culture in mountain forms of cycling sports, integration of the cycling environment and providing support to competitors, in particular through:
- a. Promoting cycling sports and supporting children, young people, adults and people with disabilities;
- b. Integration of people around mountain cycling disciplines;
- c. Dissemination of physical culture among sport inactive people;
- d. Promotion of ecological mountain biking;
- e. Promotion of mountain biking sites around the world;
- f. Promotion of the knowledge in the field of new technologies in mountain biking;
- g. Showing the possibility of using new technologies for people with disabilities who want to practice mountain biking sports;
- h. Supporting players with equipment, training and promotion;
- i. Supporting competitors to improve their start performance in mountain cycling disciplines, in particular: Downhill, Freeride, Enduro, Super Enduro, Dual Slalom, Four Cross (4x), Dirt jumping, Cross-country, All mountain, Marathon, Bicycle riding on orientation (MTBO, RJnO), Street, Trial;
- j. Equalizing cup chances among cyclists practicing mountain biking, in particular thanks to: appropriate equipment, support and training;
- k. Supporting personal development of players through work on the mind of athletes in particular in the field of: sports motivation, planning and achieving goals, overcoming weaknesses, intelligence in sport, perseverance, focus etc;
- l. Supporting the physical development of amateur athletes and riders by promoting an appropriate diet; m. Supporting the activities of other foundations with similar goals.
2. The Foundation accomplishes its goals through:
- a. Organizing training, demonstrations, conferences, riding courses and training in the field of cycling sports;
- b. Organizing bicycle trips;
- c. Organizing and providing professional advice in the field of cycling sports;
- d. Preparation and dissemination of information on cycling sports, including MTB;
- e. Organizing competitions with prizes on cycling sports;
- f. Conducting activities in the area of spreading knowledge about the health effects resulting from practicing mountain biking;
- g. Transferring reports on bicycle trips, trainings, professions and technological novelties via a website, blog and articles in the media;
- h. Establishing cooperation with the environment and institutions with similar goals;
- i. Running website;
- j. Publication of articles in the press and on the Internet, establishing contacts with the media
- k. Organization of sports events of local, national and international character;
- l. Providing the riders with sports equipment;
- m. Providing competitors with a service package;
- n. Providing discounts for the purchase of sports equipment;
- o. Promotion of the achievements and profiles of riders in the media and press channels;
- p. Establishing cooperation with domestic and foreign entities within the scope determined by the statutory objectives of the Foundation.
§ 3 THE ASSETS AND REVENUE OF THE FOUNDATION
1. The Foundation’s assets are the founding fund contributed by the Founder Kacper Krakowiak in the amount of PLN 10,000.00 (in words: ten thousand zlotys 00/100 PLN) and other property acquired by the Foundation in the course of its operation, including in particular: financial resources, real estate, movables and property rights.
2. The Foundation’s income may come, in particular, from:
- a) Benefits of the Founder;
- b) Donations, inheritances and bequests;
- c) Income from collections and public events;
- d) Subsidy and subsidies;
- e) Income from the Foundation’s assets;
- f) Income from business activity;
- g) Bank interest;
- h) European Union Funds;
- i) Funds transferred by government and local government administration units.
3. All proceeds obtained by the Foundation are devoted exclusively to its statutory activities and to cover the necessary costs of the Foundation’s activities.
4. In the case of establishing the Foundation for inheritance, the declaration on accepting the inheritance with the benefit of the inventory is submitted by the Foundation’s Management Board.
1. The Foundation’s bodies are:
- a) Foundation’s Council;
- b) Foundation Board.
§ 5 THE COUNCIL OF THE FOUNDATION
1. The Council of the Foundation is the body that determines, controls and opines the Foundation.
2. The Foundation Council consists of at least 2 people.
3. The Founder appoints the members of the first Council of the Foundation, subsequent members are appointed by the Council by their decision.
4. Membership in the Council of the Foundation expires in the case of:
- a) Appeal by resolution of the Foundation’s Council;
- b) As a result of a written resignation submitted to the Foundation’s Council;
- c) Because of death.
5. The Foundation’s Council elects a Chairperson from among its Members who manages its work, convenes and chairs meetings, and represents it outside.
6. Membership in the Council of the Foundation cannot be combined with membership in another body of the Foundation.
7. Meetings of the Council of the Foundation are held when it is necessary, but not less than once every six months.
8. Meetings of the Foundation’s Council are convened by the Chairman in the following cases:
- a) On its own initiative;
- b) At the request of the Management Board, expressed in a resolution;
- c) Upon the Founder’s written request;
- d) At the written request of a Member of the Foundation’s Council.
9. The Foundation Council makes decisions in the form of resolutions – by a simple majority of votes in the presence of all Members. In the case of an equal number of votes, the Chairman’s vote is considered decisive.
10. Persons who are not its members may participate in meetings of the Council of the Foundation.
11. The competences of the Foundation’s Council include:
- a) Outlining the main directions of the Foundation’s activities and supervising their implementation;
- b) Evaluation of the work of the Foundation’s Management Board;
- c) Receiving and issuing opinions on the Foundation’s annual substantive and financial reports;
- d) Granting discharge to the members of the Foundation’s Management Board;
- e) Expressing opinions on matters submitted by the Foundation’s Management Board;
- f) Supervision over the activities of the Foundation’s Management Board;
- g) Deciding on the merger of the Foundation;
- h) Adopting changes to the Foundation’s statute.
12. The Foundation’s Council is entitled to request from the Foundation’s Management Board any issues related to the work of the Board, to present all documents regarding the Foundation’s activities and to review and control the Foundation’s property.
§ 6 THE FOUNDATION’S MANAGEMENT BOARD
1. The Foundation’s Management Board is its executive body; it also directs the Foundation’s activities and represents it outside
2. The Foundation’s Board consists of 1 to 3 people.
3. The Founder joins the Management Board, becoming its head and holding the position of the President of the Management Board.
4. The function of a Member of the Management Board may be performed for more than one term.
5. The term of office of the Foundation’s Board lasts for two years.
6. The Founder appoints the members of the Foundation’s Management Board and makes changes to its composition and cancels them in writing.
7. Membership in the Foundation’s Management Board expires in the case of:
- a) The expiry of the term of office;
- b) Cancellation by the Founder;
- c) Submitting a written resignation to the President of the Management Board;
- d) Death of a member of the Management Board.
8. The competences of the Foundation’s Management Board include:
- a) Managing the day-to-day activities of the Foundation;
- b) Implementation of statutory objectives;
- c) Drawing up work and budget plans;
- d) Exercising management over the Foundation’s assets;
- e) Accept donations, inheritances and bequests;
- f) Representing the Foundation outside;
- g) Preparation of reports on the Foundation’s activities;
- h) Employing employees and determining their remuneration;
- i) Entering into agreements and arrangements with other entities;
- j) Appointing plenipotentiaries to manage a separate area of matters belonging to the Foundation’s tasks;
- k) Making decisions in all matters not delegated to the competence of other Foundation’s bodies.
9. The Foundation’s Management Board is required annually to submit to the Foundation’s Council an annual report on the Foundation’s activities by March 31 for the previous year.
10. The Foundation’s Management Board makes decisions in the form of resolutions – in the case of sitting in the Management Board of more than one Member by a simple majority of votes in the presence of all Members.
11. Meetings of the Foundation’s Management Board are held at least twice a year.
12. Meetings of the Foundation’s Management Board are convened by the President of the Management Board by written notification to all Members of the Management Board and written notification of the planned Board to the Board of Directors.
13. Persons who are not its members may take part in the meetings of the Foundation’s Management.
§ 7 WAYS OF REPRESENTING THE FOUNDATION
1. Every member of the Board may submit statements of will on behalf of the Foundation independently.
§ 8 LIQUIDATION OF THE FOUNDATION
1. The Foundation is liquidated if its financial resources and assets are exhausted.
2. The decision on the liquidation of the Foundation and the appointment of the Liquidator is made by the Management Board by way of a unanimous resolution, which for its validity requires approval by a unanimous resolution of the Foundation’s Council.
3. The financial resources and assets left after the liquidation of the Foundation may be allocated by a unanimous resolution of the Foundation’s Council to other foundations operating on the territory of the Republic of Poland with similar goals.
1. In matters not covered by the Statute, the Act of April 6, 1984 on foundations and the Act of 24 April 2003 on public.